Dependable Tax, Bookkeeping/Accounting Practice
We are John & Tina Cecil, Founders of Select Tax & Bookkeeping. Since 2009 Select Tax & Bookkeeping has provided quality accounting services to individuals, start-ups, and businesses of all sizes. We now service the Nampa, Meridian, and Boise region. Our expertise ranges from basic tax management and accounting services to more in-depth services such as complex accounting issues, regulatory filings, entity changes, and business start-up services.
Our business offers a wide range of services for a variety of industries and business endeavors including:
- Full Service Tax Return Preparation
- Bookkeeping/Accounting Services
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor Services
- QuickBooks Training and Tutoring
To assist you, we are pleased to come to your business site, or you may visit us at our office or we can communicate via email or phone. Please allow us to meet with you for an initial free consultation to see how we can provide value, expertise and “financial peace of mind” to your business.
Contact us today to learn what Select Tax can do to help enhance your business and reduce your tax liability.
John Cecil – Founder and CEO
John has forty years of senior accounting experience, primarily as a Controller and Accounting Manager of multiple entities and accounting disciplines. He started his career in the savings and loan industry and then transitioned to small community banking all along specializing in retail banking, mortgage banking, loan accounting/servicing, property management, construction accounting, and other wholly owned services entities.
He has extensive training and experience with GAAP/FAS and has been the liaison with many independent auditors, tax professionals, and examiners/regulators. As a controller, he also has managed HR and IT.
In his current role, John offers a full range of tax and bookkeeping services for individuals, partnerships, corporations, and nonprofits along with providing other regulatory compliance filings.
- IRS registered
- Quickbooks ProAdvisor for desktop & online
- Member of the BBB
- Member of the Nampa Chamber of Commerce
John’s special interests and hobbies include golf, home projects, and serving in his local communities.
Tina Cecil – Founder and VP, Marketing and Client Outreach
Tina is the face of Select Tax & Bookkeeping. Tina actively markets Select Tax & Bookkeeping services to members of the business community. She loves to call tax season “the happiest time of the year (for John).”
Tina is enthusiastic about working with our local chambers of commerce. She served as the Team Leader Ambassador with the Rocklin Chamber of Commerce and was the 2011 – 2014 Rocklin Chamber Ambassador of the Year thanks to her volunteer and business outreach activities.
Our Mission Statement
- To provide our clients with timely, accurate, meaningful, and value based tax and accounting expertise.
- Build enduring relationships based on understanding and trust.
- Extend courtesy and respect to all we come in contact with.
- Maintain client Trust and Confidence through service and accountability.
- Apply our knowledge, skills and expertise to your specific tax and accounting situation.
- Encourage and promote the pride of being a resident of the United States of America.
- To provide financial peace of mind.
We are interested in getting to know both you and your business face to face. Come see what a dedicated bookkeeping and accounting professional can do for you. Call us at (208) 274-5000